The main task of study - the development of a detailed justification for the project “Development of the infrastructure of educational institutions in Daugavpils - energy efficiency measures and land improvement for long-term urban environment development.”
Direct aims of the project:
- Increase the safety of people in city’s educational institutions;
- Energy saving and increasing the level of comfort;
- Improving the social and urban values of schools.
During the development of study alternative measures were estimated, as well as analysis of the income-expenditure for primary events performed:
- Renovation of the facades of school buildings, replacement of roofs, insulation of walling, replacement of windows and doors;
- Territory landscaping and planting;
- Ensuring the availability of school buildings;
- Reconstruction of entrance blocks;
- Establishment of lightning protection systems and video surveillance.
Feasibility study was developed by the request of the Daugavpils City Council under the program of receiving the EU co-financing.